Saturday, October 26, 2013

Retreating and Reviewing

Today was more productive than yesterday, but not by much!

I awoke early to read a short film script in preparation for an afternoon student film audition. The script was based on Sherwood Anderson's painfully beautiful short story "The Triumph of the Egg," written in 1921. A classic, moving portrait of desperation and the American dream - read it for yourself!

Then it was off to the annual WriteGirl volunteer retreat! Held at the GRAMMY Recording Academy in Santa Monica. Such a cool building --



Grabbed a brand new journal from a table full of generously donated journals - thank you Paper Blanks and Leuchtturm1917!



Our fearless leader Keren Taylor getting volunteers ready for a new season of mentoring teen girls through creative writing!





Lunch was the best potluck spread ever. Better than any Las Vegas buffet I've ever seen!









Remember those posterboards I bought last night? I used them to make this display to recruit volunteers to the Public Relations team --



Though the In-Schools team leader had me beat with her Mr. T sign --



Ended the retreat with a professional development panel of accomplished women writers and agents --



I love being a volunteer for this inspirational and impactful nonprofit!

My afternoon audition got postponed due to filmmaker illness, so I headed over to the Writers Junction for the rest of the night. Snagged one of the private writing rooms --



And hunkered down for some writing time, baby! I reviewed all my random notes on my pilot idea and started pulling them together into a series proposal. Aiming to finish by tomorrow night in time to send out for writers group!

Ended the night with a little transcription work on my sci-fi novel. Feeling good about tomorrow - a whole day free to just write! We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment