Monday, August 12, 2013

Wise Words from Woody

I love Woody Allen's movies.

Well, the ones I've seen. Annie Hall and Manhattan are still on my list of shame. I read the script for Hannah and Her Sisters to prepare for the scene I did at the DGA a few years back, but I have yet to see the film itself.

Still, I know he's a genius. Everyone does. He's an accomplished writer, director, and actor extraordinaire who has been creating films in his unique voice for years. Regardless of anyone's opinion of his personal life, he deserves respect for creating his art his way for so long.


Woody Allen: What I've Learned, a recent feature in Esquire Magazine, just reminds me what a compelling artist he is. We can all learn from what he's learned. A thought-provoking and inspirational read for all artists.

(Interviewer Cal Fussman also wrote an accompanying essay called Meeting Woody Allen that is equally delightful. Be sure to check it out too!)

One of my favorite quotes from the interview --
"If you're born with a gift, to behave like it's an achievement is not right."
A lesson in humility from a man with a wealth of achievements. Just beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment