Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hugs at the Husbands Premiere

I love a good comedy.

I also love the gays.

So of course I'm ridiculously drawn to Husbands, the comedy Web series created, written, and produced by Jane Espenson and Brad Bell.

For the uninitiated, Husbands is about...husbands. (Duh.) Your classic opposites attract sitcom set-up - free-spirited gay drunk marries buff, athletic gay. And hilarity ensues.

Check out the first episode of Season 2 --



Joss Whedon cameo for the win!

When I heard there would be a standby line for the Husbands Season 3 premiere, I had to bring my fangirl self out for the night. The event was held at the Paley Center for the Media in Beverly Hills.


Lots of costumes from the world of television in the lobby, including this collection of t-shirts. Recognize any?


My poor iPhone camera clearly couldn't handle the excitement. Here's me on the step and repeat --


And in the screening room --


The screening was everything I hoped it would be and more. The new episodes really ups the ante in a beautiful way. More guest stars, more hilarity, more emotion. Season 3 will be shown one episode at a time on CW Seed, the CW's new online video venture. But we got to watch the entire season - score!

The post-screening reception started with a cocktail, of course --


The fans had sent a cake for the premiere. How awesome is this?


Met the lovely Amy Acker, who guest stars in the first part of Season 3. Gushed a little about how much I loved her Beatrice in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing. Okay, maybe a lot.


Watched as Brad Bell (aka Cheeks) tried Google Glass for the first time --


Then got to say a proper hello and congratulations to him and Jane. We've chatted a few times since meeting at a WGA event. As always, they were lovely, classy, generous people. I hope to work with them both someday soon!


Watch Husbands on CW Seed now!



No comments:

Post a Comment