Thursday, April 25, 2013

Even My Hair Supports Charity

I have many, many philanthropic passions. Currently, I'm devoting many wonderful hours to WriteGirl and Break the Cycle, but I also love attending fundraisers, contributing to friends' Kickstarter campaigns, and volunteering whenever possible.

And I love growing my hair out to donate to Locks of Love or Pantene Beautiful Lengths! I'm blessed with thick, shiny locks that grow like grass, so it's one of the easiest charitable contributions I can make.

I headed to my favorite guy Christopher at Salon 3 to make my latest donation. This is my "Before" picture --



The minimum donation is 10 inches from end to end of the braided ponytail. I had plenty to give --



The first cut!



The final snip --



Two beautiful braids to donate --



And my fantastic haircut! Perfect for playing a kick-ass assassin in Early Retirement.



Huge kudos to Christopher at Salon 3 for always taking such good care of my hair. Like Salon 3 on Facebook!

1 comment: