Tuesday, April 2, 2013

#30DayHomies Returns

I hate exercise.

My body loves it. In fact, it's built for it - especially dance-based aerobics like Zumba. I learn choreography quickly, I'm coordinated, and I can shake my hips with style. (It's the whole shoulda-been-a-dancer thing.)

I know running is an excellent workout, but I get bored quickly, whether I'm outside or on a treadmill with a TV in front of me. I've tried spinning a few times, but I'm not a fan of self-inflicted torture.

So as I embark again on Kristen Bell’s #30DayHomies fitness challenge, I'm going to stick to my Zumba. Every day for an hour for 30 days.


Track my progress by following me on Twitter or Instagram.

Why am I diving back in? Like I said, my body loves exercise. My blood pressure lowers, my sleep is more restful, and I think more creatively when I'm more active. No more denying it - exercise needs to be a part of my life.

Plus I'm preparing for my upcoming role in Early Retirement, in which I play a female assassin. No couch potatoes ever survived a knife fight. My main goal is to build stamina and muscle so I don't want to fall down after every action take.

Come along with me, won't you? Commit to 30 consecutive days of exercise and we can huff and puff and commiserate with each other together. It won't be fun all the time, but it will be good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment