Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Three Adjectives and Then Some

Back when I was prepping for my headshot shoot with Toshikophoto, she suggested an exercise for evaluating how people see me - email 20 friends and ask them to describe me in three adjectives.

I emailed about 100 friends.

Being the nerd that I am, I organized the 250+ adjectives I received into an Excel spreadsheet. The top responses were no surprise, given my penchant for playing doctors and nurses --


But a few friends took the time to write more than just three adjectives. This was my favorite response from a writer friend --
"Intellectual - Wounded - Resilient

I chose these because the first time we met and ever since, I have always been amazed and impressed by your intellect and matter of fact wit.

Over time, I have listened to and felt your writing, saw your tears and realized that this is an incredibly smart woman with the weight of the world on her shoulders and more than a little fear that she just might not be strong enough to succeed.

Thanks to the third adjective, you proved yourself wrong and you have been working, acting, and writing like crazy and have just blossomed like a phoenix.

Keep flying high my friend. I look forward to seeing more of you on all of my favorite shows and one day starring in one!"
From your lips, D - thanks so much for your beautiful words!

No comments:

Post a Comment