Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You Writ Good Fr Me!

"You did me business ethics propsal for me I need propsal got approved pls can you will write me paper?"

The author of that cringe-worthy sentence paid Ed Dante $2,000 to write a business school research paper for her. He did and she graduated with an MBA.

For a truly jaw-dropping look into Ed's world of writing for hire, check out this article from The Chronicle of Higher Education.

A man approached me once to write a law school admissions essay for his brother in India. He offered a whopping $50. I refused, saying the most I could do was edit his final draft after he wrote it.

When he finally gave me a draft to edit, it was a disaster. Rambling statements, incomplete sentences, and incoherent arguments. I corrected the spelling and grammar errors and returned it, though upon reading this article about Ed Dante, I feel dirty even having done that.

Though I took the $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment