Thursday, June 24, 2010

Interpretation is in the Eye of the Beholder

It’s not something I’d do.
Well?
It’s not what I expected.
You sure?


See a story in those four lines? Then you should enter the Interpretations Film Contest, run by the team behind the blog You Offend Me You Offend My Family. The challenge is simple – present your interpretation of the script in a three-minute short film. Five winners will be awarded $3,000 each and bragging rights for decades.

When I heard about the contest, I instantly envisioned a story and wrote out my interpretation. I asked two of my favorite people in the world to be my cast and another friend to be my editor. I’m planning to direct the short myself – my directorial debut!

I’m excited and inspired, which is exactly what the contest was hoping for. To quote the mission statement, “The point is to convey the message that all types of filmmaking will be embraced as long as there is an original vision behind it.” I look forward to presenting my vision to the contest judges and to the world. Watch this blog for more details on my Interpretations production!

Inspired yourself? Check out these professional examples that were created to launch the contest. The following are two of my favorites. Watch and see how diverse the interpretations can be!



No comments:

Post a Comment